On-Demand Translators: Iraqi Turkmen
Contract length: On-demand consultancy agreement (10,000 words/ 5 working days)
Application deadline: Open until filled
Translators without Borders is an equal-opportunity employer, committed to having a diverse team where individuals of all backgrounds collaborate and learn from one another. We believe we can be most effective with diverse experience and expertise in our team. We recruit on merit, actively seek diverse applicant pools and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, age, gender identity and expression, national origin, race and ethnicity, religious beliefs, marital or parental status, or sexual orientation, and welcome all types of diversity.
Translators without Borders is looking for Juba Arabic translators. The engagement is for a project that has an expected volume of 10,000 words to be translated in 5 working days. This project will focus on the translation of the definitions of our multi-partner PSEA (prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse) glossary.
- Providing accurate translations of the English source texts provided
- Using the TWB platform for work management and Memsource for translation (you will be provided with access to both platforms)
- Timely delivery of tasks based on deadlines set by project officers
- The translator must abide by TWB’s code of conduct and child protection policy
Please note that these roles and responsibilities are approximate and may change over time.
The On-Demand Juba Arabic Translator should be a creative self-starter with a strong sense of initiative and enthusiastic about the importance of increasing access to knowledge through language. The right candidate is an energetic team player who agrees with TWB’s Core Values and can work virtually to collaborate with team members based throughout the world.
- Previous translation experience
- Proficiency in English
- Proficient in Juba Arabic (Native or second language)
- Familiarity with computer assisted translation tools desirable
- Provide the names of two references within the translation industry
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
- Able to work under pressure against the clock
- Previous experience with humanitarian aid and/or with non-profit organization a plus
- Access to a reliable internet connection
About Translators without Borders
Translators without Borders exists to help people get vital information and be heard, whatever language they speak. We believe that everyone has the right to give and receive information in a language and format they understand. We work with nonprofit partners and a global community of language professionals to build local language translation capacity, and raise awareness of language barriers. Our network of over 80,000 linguists translates millions of words of life-saving and life-changing information a year.
Translators without Borders employees and volunteers are made of people who believe passionately about the value of this work and take personal responsibility for achieving the mission. Translators without Borders’ mission and organizational spirit embody the core values established in its strategic framework:
- Excellence: As the leading voice for communicating humanitarian information in the right language, Translators without Borders is a leader in the translation industry and in the non-profit sector.
- Integrity: Translators without Borders believes that every person, whether it is the people who we serve, our volunteers or our staff, has value, deserves respect and has inherent dignity.
- Empowerment: Translators without Borders believes in using language to empower people around the world to control their own development and destiny.
- Innovation: Translators without Borders recognizes and celebrates the power of innovation to address humanitarian and crisis issues around the world.
- Sustainability: Translators without Borders recognizes that meeting our mission necessitates establishment and maintenance of a solid financial and organizational infrastructure.
- Tolerance: Our staff and volunteers are highly knowledgeable and skilled; value each other, our partner and our recipients; create a supportive work environment; and conduct themselves professionally at all times.
TWB may re-advertise the vacancy, cancel the recruitment, offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration at its discretion.