Contract length: 1 year or open-ended
Hours: Full time
Location: Home-based, available GMT (UTC±0) core working hours
Application deadline: February 28, 2021
Estimated start date: June 1, 2021 (flexible)
We offer in addition to salary:
- an innovative work environment with a diverse and passionate team
- 20 days of annual leave and 10 days of floating holidays
TWB is looking to further develop its fundraising expertise to drive the organization toward greater financial sustainability to better achieve our mission to support speakers of marginalized languages.
TWB is at a pivotal moment in its history and is looking for someone who is hands-on, proactive, enthusiastic, and ambitious to join our team. As the Partnership Development and Customer Success Coordinator, you will lead a team of two in the development and delivery of the partnership development strategy. You will have both strategic and operational responsibilities that will drive change and deliver results. You believe technology can work to really help people in need and you thrive in dynamic, innovative, fast-moving environments.
- a motivated, highly qualified part-time person who wants to work with a dynamic and fun team, but needs flexible hours and prefers working at home OR
- an energetic fast-learner to work full-time from home who is familiar with fundraising techniques, but needs the right job to take your skills to the next level.
Either way, TWB is looking for you, if:
You are results-oriented:
- You work well with clearly defined targets
- You are keen to continuously improve team processes
- You are comfortable dealing with complex relationships with many stakeholders
- You are used to tracking progress rigorously, and reporting to leadership clearly
You love learning:
- You take an analytical, data-driven approach to problem-solving
- You’re curious and want to understand why people give, and what motivates them
- You’re eager to collaborate and learn from different people, from language technologists and field workers to the marginalized people we are trying to support
You know how to be creative:
- You understand the “big picture” of the work you’re doing
- You ask questions and continually try new ideas until you find one that works
- You want to contribute to the organization’s strategy and fundraising
- You create opportunities across teams to find new ways to raise funds and tell our story
You do your homework:
- You research backgrounds, motivations, and past recipients of potential donors
- You work with senior managers to determine their strengths and figure out ways to support them to raise funds
- You talk to peers and counterparts, read articles, and investigate what works for others
You love teamwork:
- You’re comfortable working with remote and globally distributed teams
- You’re good at creating strong relationships with people with diverse areas of expertise
- You can set measurable goals, monitor them, and work to them
- You’re hands on and willing to do what is needed to help the team
- You care about social issues — these are the problems you want to solve
Ideally, you will be a confident communicator who is accustomed to building a portfolio and generating income. Your work style will be collegiate in nature taking ownership for the success of your function whilst helping to encourage and develop other team members. You will be a passionate communicator who is able to communicate to a range of audiences representing the charity and its missions and values. It is preferable that you have a background in Sales/Fundraising/Business Development or Customer Acquisition, particularly in development or humanitarian contexts.
- Oversee TWB’s partnership development and sales program
- Work with senior managers to define, refine, and “sell” TWB’s services.
- Work with other teams to bring partnerships to the next level
- Develop and maintain relationships with non-profit organizations and donors
- Work in tandem with program staff, TWB’s advocacy efforts, and other members of TWB’s global team to gather metrics and evidence of TWB’s impact.
- Explore and develop new income-generating ideas.
You will need to have demonstrable expertise in leading and delivering a growth strategy through developing new partnerships and ensuring customer success. You will have experience working with international non-profit organizations and a thorough understanding of how their funding, budgets, and financial commitments work in order to tailor TWB’s customer success strategy. You will need to have people management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in humanities, international relations, development or relevant field.
- 5-7 years experience in partnership development or customer success (for the full-time role) or 7-10 years (for the part-time role) with a proven track record in developing new products.
- Excellent English writing and editing skills. A writing sample will be required.
- Strong people management skills and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with unrestricted funding streams and fundraising strategies.
- Resourceful, creative, and able to take initiative.
- Strong computer skills, including spreadsheets and database management.
- Demonstrated interest in language, and commitment to TWB’s values.
- International experience.
- Experience with private sector sales.
- Experience using CRM and communications tools, such as Hubspot, Salesforce, Neon, WordPress, MailChimp, design programs, and cloud software.
About Translators without Borders
Translators without Borders (TWB) envisions a world where knowledge knows no language barriers. The US-based non-profit provides people access to vital knowledge in their language by connecting non-profit organizations with a community of language professionals, building local language translation capacity, and raising awareness of language barriers. Originally founded in 1993 in France (as Traducteurs sans Frontières), TWB translates millions of words of life-saving and life-changing information every year.
Translators without Borders employees and volunteers are made of people who believe passionately about the value of this work and take personal responsibility for achieving the mission. Translators without Borders’ mission and organizational spirit embody the core values established in its strategic framework:
Excellence: As the leading voice for communicating humanitarian information in the right language, Translators without Borders is a leader in the translation industry and in the non-profit sector.
Integrity: Translators without Borders believes that every person, whether it’s the people who we serve, our volunteers or our staff, has value, deserves respect and has inherent dignity.
Empowerment: Translators without Borders believes in using language to empower people around the world to control their own development and destiny.
Innovation: Translators without Borders recognizes and celebrates the power of innovation to address humanitarian and crisis issues around the world.
Sustainability: Translators without Borders recognizes that meeting our mission necessitates establishment and maintenance of a solid financial and organizational infrastructure.
Tolerance: Our staff and volunteers are highly knowledgeable and skilled; value each other, our partner and our recipients; create a supportive work environment; and, conduct themselves professionally at all times.
Translators without Borders is an equal-opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion, and encourages qualified candidates of all genders and from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
TWB may re-advertise the vacancy, cancel the recruitment, offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration at its discretion.