To meet the unprecedented demands of the COVID-19 pandemic, TWB is launching Emergency Response: COVID community translation. We will provide community organizations with free and open access to TWB’s online translation environment so they can connect and collaborate directly with the TWB community.
How does it work?
We will provide eligible applicants with access to Kató – TWB’s online translation environment – and support to be able to use it autonomously. They will then be able to post translation projects directly so they are visible to the TWB community.
Access will be offered on a three-month basis during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Who can apply?
Community-based organizations who are supporting people affected by COVID-19. Individuals who support people affected by COVID-19 in the course of their work (voluntary or paid) are also eligible.
Please note, we will give priority to individuals and organizations who are supporting at-risk groups.
What type of content is eligible?
Written documents which are:
- Specifically related to COVID-19 prevention, treatment, and care
- Public-facing, or intended for a health or aid worker audience
- Evidence-based and in line with WHO guidance, adapted for the context
- Made available to end users through open and free access
- Each translation request should not exceed 2,000 words
- Only submit content that is formatted correctly and in an editable format (no PDFs)
- Only submit monolingual content (i.e. do not submit a multilingual file)
- Try to set reasonable delivery times when possible
- Please be aware that while we have sizeable active communities for major world languages, it may be more difficult to source content in marginalized languages