TWB Kató connects non-profit organizations worldwide with a community of language professionals who work together to ensure that critical health, crisis response, and human rights information is available in local languages. The diverse Kató community has currently more than 80,000 members, offering professional language services in over 250 language pairs.
Kató - Bridging the language gap
First established as the TWB Workspace in 2011 following a collaboration between TWB and ProZ.com, the online Kató platform, has since helped non-profit partners such as Doctors without Borders, Refugee Aid and Save the Children to share essential information in local languages, enhancing the human effort and ultimately providing more services for partners and people in vulnerable situations.
The recently improved version of Kató is more robust than ever, with computer-assisted translation tools, functionality for storing common words and taxonomies and even bigger incentives for our community. Translators can now use Kató to interpret for all media, including providing subtitles and voice-overs for videos. The platform is also used to train fluent speakers of languages that desperately need more translators and interpreters.
TWB uses a range of technologies, including machine translation, translation memory, and enhanced quality assurance tools. These technologies help to improve language solutions and overall output for our partners as well as offering better and more consistent translations.
What the Kató community is saying
“It is both amazing and also very comforting and inspiring to see people donate their time and skills to defend the principles of action and the ideas of humanitarian assistance.” Doctors without Borders
“I wanted to thank you sincerely for all of your hard work coordinating these translations… I hope we can push them out fast enough to refugees so they really make an impact!” International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
Together with our community, TWB is proud to have delivered over 50 million words to non-profit partners since 2011.
Become part of the Kató community
Join as a translator
Make a difference to people’s lives by becoming a volunteer translator
- Professional profile listing your languages, skills, reviews and badges
- Alerts to new tasks, from the partners or causes you care about
- Save time with in-line suggested text and other translation tools
- More incentives: LinkedIn endorsements and translator badges, plus free subscriptions and special vouchers coming soon
Join as a non-profit partner
Connect with professional translators who are regularly gifting their language expertise
- Easily upload and send new alerts about your translation tasks
- Simple view to check on progress and review content
- All translations sense-checked by language specialists
- Video subtitling, dubbing and machine translation available
- Be featured as a TWB non-profit partner on this website
Please note, there is a annual fee for access to Kató services. Find out more.