Translators without Borders is a unique non-profit organization that helps humanitarian organizations communicate more effectively with vulnerable populations in the right languages.
Hours: Full time
Location: Home based, preferable available during working hours in Europe
Application deadline: 16 April 2018
About Translators without Borders
Translators without Borders (TWB) envisions a world where knowledge knows no language barriers. The US-based non-profit provides people access to vital knowledge in their language by connecting non-profit organizations with a professional community of language professionals, building local language translation capacity, and raising awareness of language barriers. Originally founded in 1993 in France (as Traducteurs sans Frontières), TWB translates millions of words of life-saving and life-changing information a year. In 2013, TWB created the first-ever crisis relief translation service, Words of Relief, which has responded to crises every year since.
The Outreach Coordinator will work closely with the Development Senior Officer and the Deputy Director to manage the development and implementation of TWB’s non-profit partnership program, to help TWB reach core stakeholders with its vision: A world where knowledge knows no language barriers. The overall goal of TWB’s non-profit partnership program is to provide quality language services to a wide range of non-profit partners.
The Outreach Coordinator will work closely with the Development Senior Officer, the program and translation teams, and the communications and advocacy teams to achieve results. The role will develop and execute on the partnership program developed in 2017. In keeping with the spirit of innovation, the leadership team will rely on the Senior Officer to develop new and creative influencing strategies.
- Manage and negotiate contracts with non-profit partners.
- Work closely with translation team and communication team to ensure ongoing communications with established and prospective non-profit partners.
- Work across the organization to develop efficiencies in non-profit partner program.
- Ensure collection and collation of all partner information; oversee use of constituent relationship management system, and increase use of CRM across organization.
- Oversee annual renewal process; manage costing of non-profit partner packages.
- Assist with grant prospecting and application processes (institutional and private); work with development senior officer to administer application process.
- Develop new ways to reach prospective non-profit partners, including through conferences and forums; oversee target list for new partners.
- Work with development senior officer to ensure registration with institutional donors.
- Manage outreach intern.
TWB is seeking an energetic team player with some experience in partnerships and fundraising in the humanitarian or development sector. S/he should be enthusiastic about the importance of increasing access to knowledge through language. The right candidate agrees with TWB´s basic beliefs and values and can work virtually with team members based throughout the world.
- Bachelor’s degree in humanities, master’s preferred.
- 2 – 3 years experience in fundraising in an international setting.
- Excellent English writing and editing skills. Writing sample will be required.
- Demonstrated experience working within the humanitarian sector.
- Highly organized; able to organize and manage information and data so that others can access and understand it.
- Demonstrated experience in partnerships and/or outreach with partners.
- Demonstrated interest in language issues.
- Advanced knowledge and experience using online CRM tools and communications tools, such as Salesforce, Neon, WordPress, MailChimp and/or design programs.
- Willingness to work in a small team with a range of team members.
- Willingness to explore different outreach mechanisms, electronic and in person.
- Resourceful, able to self direct.
Translators without Borders employees and volunteers are made of people who believe passionately about the value of this work and take personal responsibility for achieving the mission. Translators without Borders’ mission and organizational spirit embody the core values established in its strategic framework:
Excellence: As the leading voice for communicating humanitarian information in the right language, Translators without Borders is a leader in the translation industry and in the non-profit sector.
Integrity: Translators without Borders believes that every person, whether it’s the people who we serve, our volunteers or our staff, has value, deserves respect and has inherent dignity.
Empowerment: Translators without Borders believes in using language to empower people around the world to control their own development and destiny.
Innovation: Translators without Borders recognizes and celebrates the power of innovation to address humanitarian and crisis issues around the world.
Sustainability: Translators without Borders recognizes that meeting our mission necessitates establishment and maintenance of a solid financial and organizational infrastructure.
Tolerance: Our staff and volunteers are highly knowledgeable and skilled; value each other, our partner and our recipients; create a supportive work environment; and, conduct themselves professionally at all times.
Translators without Borders is an equal-opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion, and encourages qualified candidates of all genders and from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.